The Pizza Bandits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here Be Pizza Bandits...

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

YO! A little quiet around here; how is school going?

Go down 
+3
Kai Isakaru
Josh
Luketh
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Josh
*Owns Revs with Posts*
*Owns Revs with Posts*
Josh

YO!  A little quiet around here; how is school going? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: YO! A little quiet around here; how is school going?   YO!  A little quiet around here; how is school going? - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 8:22 pm

Unfortunately no, I've looked it up plenty of times but the name never sinks in. So I have a public speaking class, and I'm getting the hang of this pretty well. Speech anxiety is a crazy thing, like, there's no reason to be scared. But something tells you there is danger, then adrenaline takes the toll.
Back to top Go down
Luketh
Leaders
Leaders
Luketh

PostSubject: Re: YO! A little quiet around here; how is school going?   YO!  A little quiet around here; how is school going? - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 8:37 pm

The important thing is to relax! I've grown up in a HUGE family (like.. I have 40 first-cousins) so the whole "speaking in front of large groups" thing has never bothered me. I can certainly understand where the fear comes from; there are lots of people around to judge any fuck-ups you may have while speaking. I figure the best thing you can do is relax and let your personality take over -- if haters are hatin', that's how it's gonna be. Just do Josh and deliver whatever information you're supposed to deliver.

That being said.. don't write a speech about your adventures in hentai-drawing, please. For everybody's sake.
Back to top Go down
https://pizzabandits.forumotion.com
Raurgbrom
General Poster
General Poster
Raurgbrom

PostSubject: Re: YO! A little quiet around here; how is school going?   YO!  A little quiet around here; how is school going? - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 8:58 pm

40 first-cousins Luke? I only have three, so any more than that seems like a lot.

I'm more of a quiet person at school, so when I have to speak publicly, I tend to speed up whatever I'm saying, even when I'm consciously trying not to. It's not that I'm nervous, I just do it since I want to get it over with. Any suggestions for that?
Back to top Go down
Luketh
Leaders
Leaders
Luketh

PostSubject: Re: YO! A little quiet around here; how is school going?   YO!  A little quiet around here; how is school going? - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 9:46 pm

Yeah man, I have a HUGE family. Somewhere around 16 aunts and the same number of uncles in total. I'm the oldest of 5 kids!

Again I'd say it's important to relax.. like.. you're just talking. The moment you start thinking about how you're saying something instead of what you're saying is the moment your statement gets derailed and you end up sounding silly or just losing track of what you meant to say in the first place. I don't do a ton of speaking up in class either, but when I do I make sure just to voice what I mean to instead of trying to sound cool doing it or trying to just get it over with.

You don't really have to fill every second up with words or use big smart words, either; I see lots of kids trying to do that for sure. Just relax and talk like you normally would.

Speech is pretty interesting. It's the best way to change minds and to learn but for some reason people dread it.
Back to top Go down
Zach
*Owns Revs with Posts*
*Owns Revs with Posts*
Zach

PostSubject: Re: YO! A little quiet around here; how is school going?   YO!  A little quiet around here; how is school going? - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 9:05 pm

3 seems a bit low almost raurg, I don't have a HUGE family and I still have at least 20.
Back to top Go down
Raurgbrom
General Poster
General Poster
Raurgbrom

PostSubject: Re: YO! A little quiet around here; how is school going?   YO!  A little quiet around here; how is school going? - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 3:43 pm

They're all on my mom's side too. My dad's two siblings never got married.
Back to top Go down
Josh
*Owns Revs with Posts*
*Owns Revs with Posts*
Josh

PostSubject: Re: YO! A little quiet around here; how is school going?   YO!  A little quiet around here; how is school going? - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 1:57 pm

All of my family either seems to be dead or not in this country.

Mostly dead, though.
Back to top Go down
Raurgbrom
General Poster
General Poster
Raurgbrom

PostSubject: Re: YO! A little quiet around here; how is school going?   YO!  A little quiet around here; how is school going? - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 7:16 pm

That's a morbid twist to the conversation...
Back to top Go down
Zach
*Owns Revs with Posts*
*Owns Revs with Posts*
Zach

PostSubject: Re: YO! A little quiet around here; how is school going?   YO!  A little quiet around here; how is school going? - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 11:37 pm

BTW guys a lil off topic but GWD was added to '07 Scape, Maybe worth playing a bit more.
Back to top Go down
Luketh
Leaders
Leaders
Luketh

PostSubject: Re: YO! A little quiet around here; how is school going?   YO!  A little quiet around here; how is school going? - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 1:31 am

Man, it's been a long time since I even thought about '07..
Back to top Go down
Zach
*Owns Revs with Posts*
*Owns Revs with Posts*
Zach

PostSubject: Re: YO! A little quiet around here; how is school going?   YO!  A little quiet around here; how is school going? - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 1:36 am

Tis true but I've been feeling a bit of an itch to play again.

I wish there was a way to invest a large amount of time in everything you do. The ability to slow down time bwahaha.
Back to top Go down
Josh
*Owns Revs with Posts*
*Owns Revs with Posts*
Josh

PostSubject: Re: YO! A little quiet around here; how is school going?   YO!  A little quiet around here; how is school going? - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 6:22 pm

I wouldn't mind slowing down/ freezing time around me if it also meant it froze my aging process.
Back to top Go down
Josh
*Owns Revs with Posts*
*Owns Revs with Posts*
Josh

PostSubject: Re: YO! A little quiet around here; how is school going?   YO!  A little quiet around here; how is school going? - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 6:24 pm

Too lazy to edit into previous post. I've been whitetail deer hunting recently. Unfortunately, I only shot one doe and I couldn't manage to track the blood trail, my Dad convinced me I missed it so I got up a bit too early. I'm new to the big game hunting business, I've always been more of a small game kind of guy.

Does anyone else hunt? It'd be interesting to find out how you're doing if so.
Back to top Go down
Zach
*Owns Revs with Posts*
*Owns Revs with Posts*
Zach

PostSubject: Re: YO! A little quiet around here; how is school going?   YO!  A little quiet around here; how is school going? - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 9:00 pm

You forgot that I hunt all the damn time? Did you not see my two turkeys with one shot post?
Back to top Go down
Luketh
Leaders
Leaders
Luketh

PostSubject: Re: YO! A little quiet around here; how is school going?   YO!  A little quiet around here; how is school going? - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 9:02 pm

One time I went to my friend's grandparents' house and shot some birds.. It was cool.

That's the most I've ever hunted, though. I was a pretty good shot.
Back to top Go down
Raurgbrom
General Poster
General Poster
Raurgbrom

PostSubject: Re: YO! A little quiet around here; how is school going?   YO!  A little quiet around here; how is school going? - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 12:00 am

I've never really hunted, but I have fished a bit (not on a regular basis by any means) if that counts for anything. I prefer to go backpacking and hiking instead. Side note, I'm planning on going on a three week backpacking trip in New Mexico in the summer.
Back to top Go down
Josh
*Owns Revs with Posts*
*Owns Revs with Posts*
Josh

PostSubject: Re: YO! A little quiet around here; how is school going?   YO!  A little quiet around here; how is school going? - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 2:05 am

Ah, yes, it was Zach who hunted. I thought it could have been one of the retired Bandits.

I'm thinking of starting a hunting/cooking YouTube channel. Yes, another one. I feel as though this one might actually mean something to me, since it's more of a lifelong ordeal rather than a "Ohmygod RS video blogs 99 pwaya" thing. I'll see how it rolls.

By the way, I'm going to offer myself as tribute and eat a crow.
Back to top Go down
Zach
*Owns Revs with Posts*
*Owns Revs with Posts*
Zach

PostSubject: Re: YO! A little quiet around here; how is school going?   YO!  A little quiet around here; how is school going? - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 8:37 am

Crows are gross, anyways on a side note a hunting channel get's a lot of bullshit trolls/people that are extremely negative toward your views, if they aren't trolling they see you as a bloody murderer and won't let you live it down. I feel like it'd be more trouble then it's worth but that depends if you feel like dealing with it or not. Also if there was a blood trail but you couldn't find the deer it could be a number of things, was there blood/hair or you just couldn't find anything at all?
Back to top Go down
Josh
*Owns Revs with Posts*
*Owns Revs with Posts*
Josh

PostSubject: Re: YO! A little quiet around here; how is school going?   YO!  A little quiet around here; how is school going? - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 3:37 pm

I shot the doe, but then Dad convinced I missed it. So we got up right after and looked, there was a big patch of blood. Then there would be a few trickles, then another big patch. I'm kinda convinced since we got up so early, instead of letting it die we kinda chased it out towards the road.
Back to top Go down
Luketh
Leaders
Leaders
Luketh

PostSubject: Re: YO! A little quiet around here; how is school going?   YO!  A little quiet around here; how is school going? - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 12:22 am

Poor thing.. you didn't even get to eat it. :S
Back to top Go down
Zach
*Owns Revs with Posts*
*Owns Revs with Posts*
Zach

PostSubject: Re: YO! A little quiet around here; how is school going?   YO!  A little quiet around here; how is school going? - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 5:04 am

You shot it's leg, although getting up too early didn't help it probably wouldn't have died anyways.
Back to top Go down
Josh
*Owns Revs with Posts*
*Owns Revs with Posts*
Josh

PostSubject: Re: YO! A little quiet around here; how is school going?   YO!  A little quiet around here; how is school going? - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 9:26 pm

Well, crap. I blame it on the scope being poorly sighted. Never again shall I let father have it.

I'm getting a bow for next year, so I can also try my chances on bow season.

OH, okay, so I went hunting today. Saw a huge buck. 8 pointer at least, we were just getting out of the treestand when he came up to the spot. Unfortunately he saw us getting out and got spooked off. I'm hoping it didn't scare him that much, though. Also, I dropped my smartphone off the treestand and it didn't get one scratch, I'm kinda proud of that.
Back to top Go down
Zach
*Owns Revs with Posts*
*Owns Revs with Posts*
Zach

PostSubject: Re: YO! A little quiet around here; how is school going?   YO!  A little quiet around here; how is school going? - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 10:32 am

Never go hunting without making sure your scope is properly sighted in, it's bad to miss it's about 100x worse to wound and you're going to do both multiple times without the scope sighted in. For this season the deer should stay if he's the largest buck in the area, they generally already estabilshed dominance and won't leave an area over something like that, I've seen shot deer not leave an area before so mildly spooked shouldn't do anything.
Back to top Go down
Caleb
General Poster
General Poster
Caleb

PostSubject: Re: YO! A little quiet around here; how is school going?   YO!  A little quiet around here; how is school going? - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 1:33 am

Shit, Caleb.. this is Luke.. uh.. evidently I somehow overwrote your post when I chose to quote a bit of it in my post below.

I'm not really sure how that happened and I'm incredibly upset because that was a beautiful post that really hit home with me.

Sorry. Sad

I clicked the "quote," button, NOT the "edit" button for sure.. Sad((((

I'm a real fuckup.
Back to top Go down
Raurgbrom
General Poster
General Poster
Raurgbrom

PostSubject: Re: YO! A little quiet around here; how is school going?   YO!  A little quiet around here; how is school going? - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 8:33 pm

I know exactly how you feel, Caleb. I'd love to have the time to not worry about school or my future, and just relax. For me, video games have always been an escape from the busyness, boredom, or loneliness of life. The last point especially rings true to me. I moved to Kentucky at the very beginning of summer in 2010. I had literally finished 7th grade a couple days before, and then found myself in a new state with no friends. I didn't have a phone, social media, etc. at the time, so I stayed in contact with four or five of my friends I had left behind through RS. I basically spent the entire summer in my house either reading or playing RS, since I had no friends in Kentucky and the few guys my age that lived near me were... not exactly my type of person. I didn't end up meeting anyone who I would be friends with until school started in late August. Anyways, I started looking for a clan to meet some people to hang out with in RS, since my irl friends weren't always on. I eventually stumbled upon you lot, and here I am today. I guess I'll just wrap this up by saying thanks for being some of the best people I've met and befriended through games. You guys gave me a place of belonging when I was feeling pretty alone. Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
Luketh
Leaders
Leaders
Luketh

PostSubject: Re: YO! A little quiet around here; how is school going?   YO!  A little quiet around here; how is school going? - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 11:49 pm

Good posts, Caleb and Raurg.  I can certainly relate to that feeling, man.  There's nothing quite like the carefree times of yesterday.  I'm in the midst of applying to colleges and worrying about how I plan to pay for college, getting an idea of what I'll be doing for the rest of my life, and preparing to say goodbye to the same friends I've had for the past 10+ years of my life.  School itself isn't so bad, but the thought of the lifestyle, memories, and people I'll be leaving behind is a pretty tough pill to swallow.

I yearn for yesterday as well, Caleb.  Every once in a while I'll come to the forums and look through the old clan-outing pictures and smile.. it's insane to think that this whole forum shebang began in 2009.  That was FOUR YEARS AGO.  Here we are, 16000+ posts later, still finding ways to shoot the shit together.

We're a strange group, us Pizza Bandits.  We're an eclectic bunch of misfits who found fellowship through a browser-based online MMO with second-rate graphics.  But you know what?  I wouldn't have it any other way.  I've learned so much since I helped to start this clan; I hope to put what I've learned to good use in my ensuing future.

But don't worry -- there will always be a place to come back to.  I don't think the Pizza Bandits are going anywhere anytime soon.  There's always the odd game to try out; if not, we've always got the forums.

Mourn not for yesterday, brothers.  Yesterday is not a sad memory; yesterday is a brilliant reason to push on until tomorrow dawns.  The world keeps turning, memories keep being created, and a nostalgic past signifies a past well-spent.  My parents always worried about the amount of time I spent on the computer instead of doing homework or being outdoors -- I regret 0% of the time I spent 'Scaping, Minecrafting, Skyrimming, Borderlandsing, or Josh's-broken-RPG-ing with you guys.  I look back on my Rune-clad childhood and smile every time it comes to mind.  Dammit, I love you guys.

Raurg, I'm glad you found us.  I'm glad we helped you through a transitional stage in your life.  I hope you keep coming back and letting me know what you're up to every once in a while.

We're somewhat of a makeshift family at this point.  It's crazy, but I feel like I know all of you on a close personal level.  I'll never forget the conversations we've had: humorous, game-related, personal, insulting... those conversations built this funky fam of geeks and gamers, and I'm grateful for each and every one of them.

Shit, I just wrote a lot.  Sorry for the small novel.  Just getting a tad emotional I guess. :')
Back to top Go down
Masta Le
Mod of Greatness
Mod of Greatness
Masta Le

PostSubject: Re: YO! A little quiet around here; how is school going?   YO!  A little quiet around here; how is school going? - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 1:36 am

Hey everyone. Just wanted to let you all know I'm still here and I haven't left. I check in often, I'm just too lazy to log in and say something.

Not much going on in my life. I've got tons of school and homework to do all the time. Only thing interesting right now is I'm waiting on scores from my PSAT and PLAN tests. I can get back to you guys on those, if anyone's interested.

Thanksgiving was pretty good for me. Turkey wasn't as great as I hoped since my parents can't cook it correctly and won't look up a good recipe with directions. Overall my break was great though. Both sisters came home from college. We had a free trial for the movie channels on tv so I was watching movies all the time, plus Harry Potter weekend on ABC Family with the network premiere of Deathly Hallows part 2!

So yeah.. that's pretty much an update of my life lately.
Back to top Go down
Zach
*Owns Revs with Posts*
*Owns Revs with Posts*
Zach

PostSubject: Re: YO! A little quiet around here; how is school going?   YO!  A little quiet around here; how is school going? - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 1:16 pm

Speaking of games to try out Luke, it's sure been awhile since the bandits got together and played something, if everyones got a little time on their hands how about we brainstorm some ideas?
Back to top Go down
Raurgbrom
General Poster
General Poster
Raurgbrom

PostSubject: Re: YO! A little quiet around here; how is school going?   YO!  A little quiet around here; how is school going? - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 6:30 pm

The only game I've been playing is Dota 2, when I have the time, meaning Friday and Saturday nights. I have a few friends wanting me to try League of Legends, so I'd be willing to give that a shot.
Back to top Go down
Josh
*Owns Revs with Posts*
*Owns Revs with Posts*
Josh

PostSubject: Re: YO! A little quiet around here; how is school going?   YO!  A little quiet around here; how is school going? - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 8:01 pm

I still find it crazy how our little insignificant misadventures and meetups got us to join this clan, but how big of an impact it has had on us ever since. I wonder what life would have been like if I didn't join that forum The GP Guild just browsing for a cool clan, and saw this one.

Like certainly would have been less Lukey, and I probably would have quit RS a long time ago without it. Even after we've grown out of RS, we still get the chance thanks to the ol' internet to gather around a free forum and talk about our lives and maybe play some Minecraft of some shizz of that sort.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: YO! A little quiet around here; how is school going?   YO!  A little quiet around here; how is school going? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

YO! A little quiet around here; how is school going?
Page 4 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next