The Pizza Bandits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here Be Pizza Bandits...

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Boo!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Josh
*Owns Revs with Posts*
*Owns Revs with Posts*
Josh

Boo! Empty
PostSubject: Boo!   Boo! EmptyTue Jul 23, 2019 5:41 pm

Ha, what's up guys! It's Josh, which is my middle name. I actually go by Dalton now in the ol' IRL communities, mainly because people already know way too many Joshes.

It's been MONTHS since I've decided to check this old place out for nostalgia's sake, but you know what, I thought I'd go the extra mile and post some things as well.

Life's going pretty swell. I hit a bit of a low after my girlfriend of 4 years left me in only something I could call a shitstorm of a breakup. I did channel that energy positively, though, and am now a homeowner. That's pretty neat, and preferably not the last home I'm going to buy. I'm also getting my real estate license soon, so let's see how that works out.

I'd love to hear how everyone else has grown. I know Luke's doing his thing in the journalism department, writing surprisingly good poetry on surprisingly better Instagram photos. Other than that, though, I have no idea what anyone's doing. I know most of you guys are in school, however, so good luck on that and hopefully you guys had an awesome Summer.

I'm not necessarily expecting you guys to hop on RS any time soon (God knows I only do once a year, if only OSRS had a lobby..), but all I'm saying is if you guys get a mysterious letter from Dalton Lanier 10 years from now with plane tickets to Lord knows where, I expect every single one of you to take it with absolutely zero regard for your well being.

Good luck, everyone! If you see this, pop in and tell us how life's going for ya, I'm interested.

P.S. How the hell is forumotion still a thing?! What a freaking relic, man.
Back to top Go down
Luketh
Leaders
Leaders
Luketh

Boo! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boo!   Boo! EmptyWed Nov 13, 2019 10:55 pm

"I know Luke's doing his thing in the journalism department, writing surprisingly good poetry on surprisingly better Instagram photos."

Backhanded though it may be, I'm going to accept that statement as a compliment. Thank you "Josh."

Glad to hear you're well. If anyone is interested, we've got a facebook groupchat going. Activity is infrequent, but it's good to know we're still connected. Would love to grow that w/ more bandits, Josh just got added.

I started this forum in February of 2009, when I was 12. That was more than a decade ago. Crazy.

Nearly 17,000 posts later, I'm glad we're still here somehow. This forum is truly a trove of nostalgia, and I definitely come back every once in a while to browse the sometimes cringe-worthy content.

IRL, I'm doin' alright, still got dreams. Life is a grind, for which Runescape prepared me better than anything else I could have done with my youthful time. At the least, all the hours talking with you TPB goons helped my typing skills, which come in handy on a daily basis in my role as a professional journalist.

That's right, I'm tellin' the news nowadays. Look for Luke W. on The Mountaineer dot com!

I'm still down to make a TPB IRL meetup happen, but I'm not letting you buy my plane ticket, "Josh."

~B-]

Back to top Go down
https://pizzabandits.forumotion.com
Masta Le
Mod of Greatness
Mod of Greatness
Masta Le

Boo! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boo!   Boo! EmptyWed Nov 13, 2019 11:44 pm

Hey friends,

First of all, I've plugged this a couple times before, and I'll plug it again - we made a FB messenger chat some time ago and it's been real easy to communicate with each other using it. It's like the ol' clan chat all over again. If I'm doing this correctly... [url=m.me/join/AbZi27SjC2FT4xZh]m.me/join/AbZi27SjC2FT4xZh[/url] link should let you join it. If that doesn't work, then find one of us on FB and have us add you.

As for my life update, nothing too special has happened. I'm a senior in college, and I'm graduating this May, so that's exciting. Crazy to think that most (all) of you are older than me meaning you're all already (hopefully) out there in the real world and working and being adults. And in the next year, I'm supposed to join you? Nah, so far my plans are to go home after graduation and chill out. Well, that and hopefully do some research and then go to med school. That's the plan, anyway, and it's definitely subject to change because who knows what'll happen from now until then. In the meantime, I'm just a plain old college student doing things that college students do.

Who would've thought that after all this time we're still in contact...

In other news, we're suddenly interested in playing Minecraft again, so hit us up if you'd like to chip in some funds.
Back to top Go down
Raurgbrom
General Poster
General Poster
Raurgbrom

Boo! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boo!   Boo! EmptySat Nov 30, 2019 1:30 am

Hey all! Masta messaged me a couple days ago on Steam so I figured I'd check in on here.

I came pretty close to dying from internal bleeding back in February and was eventually diagnosed with Crohn's Disease which sucks. I'm on a pretty intense medication for it though, so my symptoms aren't too bad day to day. I had been accepted into the Peace Corps to serve as an English teacher in Mozambique, but due to those health issues they ended up telling me no over the summer, just a couple months before I was supposed to leave which really sucked.

I graduated from college in May, double major in International Studies and French. I left two days later for New Mexico to spend one last summer working there. It was definitely a lot of fun and a good way to say goodbye to that chapter of my life. Luckily I got a job offer from a contractor for the Department of State in August. I had a few months free so I mainly got stuff taken care of at home and visited friends in other states. I even went through your neck of the woods, Luke, to hang out with a friend in Boone. I started my job earlier this month and it's been a good experience so far. I'm looking forward to seeing where it takes me in the future.

I'm definitely glad that we're all still in contact, even if it's sporadic. I don't have Facebook so I won't be joining the messenger chat anytime soon. I'd be down for some Minecraft on the weekends if that's going to be a thing again.
Back to top Go down
Masta Le
Mod of Greatness
Mod of Greatness
Masta Le

Boo! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boo!   Boo! EmptyTue Dec 10, 2019 8:27 pm

Wow, sorry to hear that Raurg. That sounds stressful. We did get a server up and running, and we'd love if you joined us! The IP is 192.99.182.8:25691
Back to top Go down
«Chløë Närcïs»
maggot!
maggot!
«Chløë Närcïs»

Boo! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boo!   Boo! EmptyWed Jun 03, 2020 1:11 am

Hey everyone! It's nice to see some *fairly* recent activity on here.

I started playing Runescape again recently, and saw this thread on the RS forums today which made me think of you guys: Friends Through Time

I can't believe it's been almost a decade since I last spoke with many of you, or that forumotion.com is still a thing! Finding this has brought back so much nostalgia.

Raurg, sorry to hear about your diagnosis, but glad that it seems to be in check with the meds.
Masta, hopefully your plans weren't thrown off too badly by the pandemic. Things just seem to be getting crazier by the day...

"Life is a grind, for which Runescape prepared me better than anything else I could have done with my youthful time." Ain't that the truth! IRL, I've moved several times over the past 10 years, finished grad school in the UK, and now I'm an engineer at an academic medical centre in Florida.It's been really hectic recently with the pandemic, but I'm hanging in there.

Hope you all are safe, and doing well!

«Chløë Närcïs»
Back to top Go down
Masta Le
Mod of Greatness
Mod of Greatness
Masta Le

Boo! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boo!   Boo! EmptyFri Jun 12, 2020 8:18 pm

Hey Chloe! Good to hear from you. Congrats on finishing grad school and having a cool job!

Yeah, I ended up having online school for the rest of the semester and had a virtual commencement, but I don't really care much for big celebrations so I wasn't disappointed at all. I didn't really want to go to the actual commencement anyway.

That thread you linked is touching. It is crazy to think about all our old friends. I'm glad we've kept in touch after all this time Smile
Back to top Go down
Luketh
Leaders
Leaders
Luketh

Boo! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boo!   Boo! EmptyThu Sep 10, 2020 2:22 pm

Yoooo, long time no hear from, Chloe! If you've still been playing runescape, add my f2p uim, "Gnarls Gnome." I've been playing every night while I watch the NBA playoffs.

Here's hoping everyone is doing well in their respective places. I myself am searching for a new job, hopefully at a daily newspaper, maybe somewhere near a beach. Perhaps Florida? Depends, the job market is a little wonky right about now.

A belated congratulations on the graduation, Masta. sunny

Back to top Go down
https://pizzabandits.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Boo! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boo!   Boo! Empty

Back to top Go down

Boo!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Pizza Bandits :: Clan News!-
Jump to: