The Pizza Bandits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here Be Pizza Bandits...

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Masta News

Go down 
+4
Josh
Luketh
Raurgbrom
Masta Le
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Swallow777
Leaders
Leaders
Swallow777

Masta News - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Masta News   Masta News - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 8:24 pm

I'm lucky to get paid at all, seeing as we're writing a free, open-source textbook (down with the bloated textbook publishing industry preying on college students!). But yeah, it's definitely enough.
Back to top Go down
Josh
*Owns Revs with Posts*
*Owns Revs with Posts*
Josh

PostSubject: Re: Masta News   Masta News - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 8:42 pm

Amen to that, Swallow! Seeing as how I'm probably going to be majoring in Bio, this is interesting.
Back to top Go down
Masta Le
Mod of Greatness
Mod of Greatness
Masta Le

PostSubject: Re: Masta News   Masta News - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 9:58 pm

Sounds awesome haha.

On a side note, yay over 200 posts but I also just noticed this thread is supposed to have like 30+ pages..? Wtf happened to it?
Back to top Go down
Luketh
Leaders
Leaders
Luketh

PostSubject: Re: Masta News   Masta News - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 11:35 am

I think it has to do with the number of posts per page setting, Masta.

As for textbooks, college in-general preys on college students. My out-of-state tuition is through the roof, it's bullshit. I'll be coming out of college with quite some debt.
Back to top Go down
https://pizzabandits.forumotion.com
Masta Le
Mod of Greatness
Mod of Greatness
Masta Le

PostSubject: Re: Masta News   Masta News - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 8:58 pm

I don't think so.. Page 1 shows a posts from only about a year and a half ago. I think hundreds of posts somehow went missing. :p
Back to top Go down
Masta Le
Mod of Greatness
Mod of Greatness
Masta Le

PostSubject: Re: Masta News   Masta News - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2015 8:47 pm

Successful DXP Weekend! I finally got 99 Prayer which means max combat level! I also used up a bunch of extra resources sitting in my bank to get my Smithing from 84-95, Agility up to 86, and Dungeoneering to 110. I didn't realize how close my Smithing materials would get me but I'm pretty close to 99 now, so that's going to be a new goal of mine. I'm still working on getting 90+ skills. I'm not sure when the next skill is being released, but it could be the end of this year or sometime next year. 120 Dunge is far away but still on my radar.

In other news... Senior year is pretty crazy so far. I've got a ton of things going on. Too much homework, too many clubs, and too many college applications to do, but it's all going to pay off in the end Smile
Back to top Go down
Raurgbrom
General Poster
General Poster
Raurgbrom

PostSubject: Re: Masta News   Masta News - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 1:08 pm

Gratz Masta! If you ever want to do some dunge, I'm up for it.

What colleges are you looking at? Also, I think you'll find that the workload senior year slows down considerably after Christmas.
Back to top Go down
Masta Le
Mod of Greatness
Mod of Greatness
Masta Le

PostSubject: Re: Masta News   Masta News - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 2:20 pm

Yeah definitely! I can't wait for you to get 99 Dunge.

My list of colleges in order of preference is:
University of Chicago
Harvard
Dartmouth
Northwestern
Johns Hopkins
Case Western Reserve
Ohio State University
Kent State University

Some reaches, some safeties. I'm slowly but surely working on them.
Back to top Go down
Luketh
Leaders
Leaders
Luketh

PostSubject: Re: Masta News   Masta News - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 3:59 pm

Damn Masta, those are some solid institutions. I wish you the best in your applications process. If you need any proofreading on any essays, I've got several years' experience reading peoples' shit by now. No charge for your pretty lil face.
Back to top Go down
Masta Le
Mod of Greatness
Mod of Greatness
Masta Le

PostSubject: Re: Masta News   Masta News - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 8:16 pm

Haha thanks Luke! I'm already getting my current English teacher and all my previous ones to read through my essays, so I don't know if I'll need your help after all of their reviewing. I'll let you know if I need ya Smile
Back to top Go down
Josh
*Owns Revs with Posts*
*Owns Revs with Posts*
Josh

PostSubject: Re: Masta News   Masta News - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 2:24 am

Hey, y'all! I got myself a gaming PC, and plan to definitely play RuneScape the next time I get the chance to. This Darkscape intrigues me as well.

I hope some of you guys still play, this thing runs like a champ!
Back to top Go down
Zach
*Owns Revs with Posts*
*Owns Revs with Posts*
Zach

PostSubject: Re: Masta News   Masta News - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 5:01 pm

Whatcha got in there Josheh?
Back to top Go down
Josh
*Owns Revs with Posts*
*Owns Revs with Posts*
Josh

PostSubject: Re: Masta News   Masta News - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 25, 2015 1:31 am

It's nothing too powerful, just powerful enough to run games just fine at decent graphics. I've got an AMD 4300 3.8 ghz quad-core, and a GT 730. I'm working part time for eight dollars an hour desperately needing a new PC, so I couldn't build my dream PC. But hey, for what it was worth it's definitely nice.
Back to top Go down
Zach
*Owns Revs with Posts*
*Owns Revs with Posts*
Zach

PostSubject: Re: Masta News   Masta News - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 25, 2015 4:33 pm

Yeah I definitely feel you I built a medium-high end one to avoid some cost myself, once my tax returns come in this year though I plan on upgrading it into a monster.
Back to top Go down
Caleb
General Poster
General Poster
Caleb

PostSubject: Re: Masta News   Masta News - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 1:14 am

Same and same, i built a decent gaming pc for like $550 dollars. FX 6300 and MSI GTX 750 TI.
Low power consumption let me buy a cheaper power supply with enough room to upgrade to a 960/970. I'm prolly gonna get a 960 4 gb version for like 200 bucks when i get some spare cash.
Back to top Go down
Swallow777
Leaders
Leaders
Swallow777

PostSubject: Re: Masta News   Masta News - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 1:31 pm

No Yale or MIT in there, Masta? Interesting... And what's this with putting Harvard as your second choice, hmm? I know a guy who graduated from UChicago last year, though, and he had a good time there.

I see Luke also offered to read your essays, and I'll have to second! Even if you don't want any feedback, I'm sure they would be interesting to look at. Plus, the last two high schoolers I've helped with essays are now attending Harvard. Wink
Back to top Go down
Masta Le
Mod of Greatness
Mod of Greatness
Masta Le

PostSubject: Re: Masta News   Masta News - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 9:37 pm

Hahaha well... I don't know too much about Harvard, but I'll be looking into it some more as I work on my application for it. I've visited UChicago and explored their website a bit, so I'm loving them the most so far. Also, Yale and MIT just didn't seem to interest me.
As for my essays, I think my Common App one is my best essay, so I can definitely send you guys that one to check out. I've already started sending it to schools and I'm pretty happy with it, so I don't think I'll be needing any feedback on it. Though, I might seek some advice for my Harvard supplement, Swallow. It's optional but... I feel like it's when the teacher highly recommends doing something but it's not mandatory yet you'll probably fall behind if you don't do it. So yeah I guess I'm doing it. BTW, any advice, comments, and additional info you can provide about Harvard would be awesome! In particular, I'd like to hear about some of your favorite things about it and what your everyday life was like.
Back to top Go down
Masta Le
Mod of Greatness
Mod of Greatness
Masta Le

PostSubject: Re: Masta News   Masta News - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 5:52 pm

My dad still pays for my membership so I made a deal for him to pay for my membership forever if I get into Harvard. Lol fingers crossed Smile
Back to top Go down
Raurgbrom
General Poster
General Poster
Raurgbrom

PostSubject: Re: Masta News   Masta News - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 9:09 pm

Does that deal include you going to Harvard or do you just have to be accepted?
Back to top Go down
Masta Le
Mod of Greatness
Mod of Greatness
Masta Le

PostSubject: Re: Masta News   Masta News - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 1:57 am

Hmm that's a good question. I'm pretty sure I only mentioned to him getting accepted. But for the time being, my membership is active and hopefully I can just lowkey stay an active member until I tell I'm done playing or he decides to stop paying for me, haha.
Back to top Go down
Masta Le
Mod of Greatness
Mod of Greatness
Masta Le

PostSubject: Re: Masta News   Masta News - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 1:14 pm

Last 99 of 2015 :)
Masta News - Page 6 Smithi10

Never thought I'd make it this far.. I might even max next year but the new skill coming out could hold me back. We'll see what happens!

EDIT: Woah, this is post #2015 for me. :o
Back to top Go down
Raurgbrom
General Poster
General Poster
Raurgbrom

PostSubject: Re: Masta News   Masta News - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 11:21 pm

Gratz on smithing Masta! From what I've been hearing about Invention, it's not going to be cheap to train. At least you're going to have the levels for it (Invention will be an elite skill, requiring 80 Smithing, Crafting, and Divination to even start training it for those of you out of the loop).
Back to top Go down
Luketh
Leaders
Leaders
Luketh

PostSubject: Re: Masta News   Masta News - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 9:20 pm

Masta bruh, cooking is easy as fuck to level. Same with fletching! Those are the only 99s I ever got!

Let me know when your 99 cooking party comes around.
Back to top Go down
Masta Le
Mod of Greatness
Mod of Greatness
Masta Le

PostSubject: Re: Masta News   Masta News - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2016 8:46 pm

Hey friends! So I finally heard back from all my colleges. Not everything turned out the way I wanted, but I know I'll be fine where ever I go and I'm still super excited for the future. So here are the results...
*drum roll*
University of Chicago - Waitlist
Harvard - Reject
Dartmouth - Reject
Northwestern - Reject
Johns Hopkins - Waitlist
Case Western Reserve - Waitlist
Ohio State University - Accept
Kent State University - Accept

*bruh*
Welp, Ivy's are hard to get in to so I'm not really angry or anything. My sister goes to Dartmouth though so that's too bad... The waitlists are annoying but whatever.
So I haven't made the official decision yet but there's like a 99% chance I'm going to OSU where a ton of my friends are going, so it'll be tons of fun. And I'm not a sports guy but obviously OSU has great athletics so hopefully I can grow some interest in it.

So that's been my life for like the last few months lol. I quit RS for a short period of time while I'm finishing my studies for senior year.

Anyway, thanks for being cool people ever since I was a wee lad Smile! It's cool seeing how much we've all grown up. Keep it swaggy, bandits.
Back to top Go down
Luketh
Leaders
Leaders
Luketh

PostSubject: Re: Masta News   Masta News - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2016 9:47 pm

Damn, I know those aren't the results you were hoping for, but remember what I told you ingame about colleges and their admissions processes.

They're looking at you on paper and assessing you from there. That doesn't account for the intangibles that give yung Le his Masta status -- from your ability to get along with and work as a team player, which you learned from the bandits I'm sure, to your glowing and unfadeable personality, some shit just don't shine through on a college application, and a lot of times that's by design. I've heard stories from admissions people about the process literally coming down to luck of the draw. Way she goes sometimes, not only when applying for college, but really in life. Sometimes you get shit on. Gotta wipe the shit off and keep in stride.

Like I told you, fuck those nerds over at Harvard! (I bet Swallow never even reads that statement.) They're missing out on you, but you'll be quite alright without 'em.

You don't need validation from a college that only knows enough to reject you based on a series of essays and an SAT score -- FUCK EM! The whole system seems strange to me, as does so much about our American way.

Looking towards the future, I've heard of nothing but good times from those I know who went to or are at Ohio State. As far as I'm concerned, you really can't go wrong with college. College is fuckin awesome. It is infinitely better than any other stage of your life up to this point, and I tell you this from a position of experience. As I come down to the tail-end of my second year in Boone, it's funny to think back -- and read back -- on my thoughts as a wee freshman, let alone as a senior in high school. I know you're finna go on to the higher-learning establishment of your choice and do amazing things, and I can't wait to see what you bring to the world.

I'm proud of you buddy -- you're like the little asian brother I never had but always wanted. We met when you weren't even 13 yet, and now you're all grown up getting ready to go off to college. Where does the time go? :')

But the journey is only beginning for you, and for me... I do wonder where we'll be 20 years from now.
Back to top Go down
Masta Le
Mod of Greatness
Mod of Greatness
Masta Le

PostSubject: Re: Masta News   Masta News - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2016 9:59 pm

Thanks Luke!

Yeah, the application process does suck. They'll never know how many 99s I have or how much wealth my bank is valued at, so clearly it's unfair. But yeah, I'm not really saying that I deserved to get in to any of those schools though. Colleges look for whatever they want to look for in a student, and whatever those things are, I didn't have it, or at least they didn't see it in me. So even if I did have the qualities they wanted to see, it's my fault for not showing that enough. But anyway, I get that there's a ton of stuff out of my hands, and now that I'm almost done with everything, it's really interesting and liberating to look back at everything I've done up to this point and what has led me to where I am right now. Good news is I still technically have a chance at those waitlist schools, and I actually have a decent chance at Case. And Luke, you're doing awesome stuff too and your writing skills are sick.
Back to top Go down
Kai Isakaru
General Poster
General Poster
Kai Isakaru

PostSubject: Re: Masta News   Masta News - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2016 11:15 pm

Masta, you're going to kick ass anywhere you go. No doubt about it.
Agree with Luke on the wonders of college--it's pretty much awesome. I've had a blast the last three years--every mental breakdown my course work has given me and horrible plague I've caught from foreigners has been worth it and will be remembered fondly.

If you're not already aware, Ohio State and Michigan have a totally absurd rivalry. If you go there, we're going to have a fight before I graduate next year.

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Masta Le
Mod of Greatness
Mod of Greatness
Masta Le

PostSubject: Re: Masta News   Masta News - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2016 1:37 pm

Yes I am well aware and I totally forgot you went there! You might see some of my friends going there next year. I guess we're enemies by law, now.
Back to top Go down
Raurgbrom
General Poster
General Poster
Raurgbrom

PostSubject: Re: Masta News   Masta News - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2016 1:56 pm

Even if you didn't get accepted to some of the schools, you're still accepted into some great ones. Whatever school you choose, you're going to have a blast. How long until you're notified about the waitlisted decisions?

One word of advice that I'll give you is try not to cling to the people you know going into college. Work on meeting new people, making friends, trying new things, etc. Don't confine yourself to who you know or what you're comfortable with. It will make a huge difference in how to move forward through college and life.
Back to top Go down
Masta Le
Mod of Greatness
Mod of Greatness
Masta Le

PostSubject: Re: Masta News   Masta News - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2016 6:50 pm

Not sure when I hear back for the wait lists.

And thanks, Raurg. That's great advice. I won't be in the same programs as my closer friends anyway, so I don't be with them too much.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Masta News   Masta News - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Masta News
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next