The Pizza Bandits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here Be Pizza Bandits...

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

App State Antics!

Go down 
+3
Raurgbrom
Zach
Luketh
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Luketh
Leaders
Leaders
Luketh

App State Antics! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: App State Antics!   App State Antics! - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 3:08 pm

What kind of research project? Are they testing you?
Back to top Go down
https://pizzabandits.forumotion.com
Kai Isakaru
General Poster
General Poster
Kai Isakaru

PostSubject: Re: App State Antics!   App State Antics! - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 10:27 pm

That would be easier, wouldn't it?
It's about processors (the computer kind). I'm going to be putting together a profile of how different types of processors (cpu, gpu, etc) behave under different circumstances. The future of computers is a single chip with a set of different processor elements on it, and I'm going to be researching possible combinations of processors.
Back to top Go down
Swallow777
Leaders
Leaders
Swallow777

PostSubject: Re: App State Antics!   App State Antics! - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 4:06 am

Yay, research! I hope you like your lab. It sounds like an interesting project, at the very least (even if it's a totally different bear than from what I do, haha).
Back to top Go down
Josh
*Owns Revs with Posts*
*Owns Revs with Posts*
Josh

PostSubject: Re: App State Antics!   App State Antics! - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 7:31 am

Swallow, I forgot what you were majoring in. What was it? You sound like you'd be a bio major, but then again I'm usually not correct on my assumptions about people.

I'm probably going to major in Bio myself once I'm up there, unfortunately I've just noticed one of my main college option's bio building was so rugged and old, it kinda turned me off from being there. Vanderbilt would be nice if I could rely on getting in. I've got a fair chance, but a 12% acceptance rate is still.. 12 percent.

Turning my head towards UTK or MTSU, they seemingly have better pre-med support than UTC alongside better facilities overall.
Back to top Go down
Luketh
Leaders
Leaders
Luketh

PostSubject: Re: App State Antics!   App State Antics! - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 3:21 pm

Well, I had the hatchlings of an idea for my first novel at about 2am last night. In an hour I had 2000 random words pour out of my brain and onto a word document -- shoutouts to Runescape for teaching me how to type at the speed I think at. It's coming in handy. Wish me luck in this writing endeavor -- I don't really know how to write a big long story, but it can't be that difficult, right?
Back to top Go down
Josh
*Owns Revs with Posts*
*Owns Revs with Posts*
Josh

PostSubject: Re: App State Antics!   App State Antics! - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 5:38 pm

If it's going to be that large, there are some pieces of software that help you organize your thoughts before you even begin to write. They're very useful. Good luck on your novel, Luke! Make sure there's a Kindle version so I can read it.
Back to top Go down
Swallow777
Leaders
Leaders
Swallow777

PostSubject: Re: App State Antics!   App State Antics! - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 6:57 pm

Correct, Josh! I do evolutionary biology.

I like Vandy's campus a lot, and they have nice sweet tea in their dhalls (typical good ol' Southern college). I would have gone there, actually, if I didn't come to Cambridge instead.

Good luck with the story, Luke! It sounds like the creativity took a hold.
Back to top Go down
Luketh
Leaders
Leaders
Luketh

PostSubject: Re: App State Antics!   App State Antics! - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 9:55 pm

Yeah, Josh, that software is called Microsoft Word. If you know of anything else, let me hear about it -- it may be of use to me!

So, Swallow, with evolutionary biology, do you learn about how the evolution stones work? Like, why does a water stone only work on certain water pokemon, and not all water pokemon? What's up with that?
Back to top Go down
Swallow777
Leaders
Leaders
Swallow777

PostSubject: Re: App State Antics!   App State Antics! - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 12:00 am

Obviously, you've never looked at the evolutionary lineage of water pokemon -- otherwise, you would know that water stones only work on a certain subgroup with the common ancestor who was originally exposed to the first water stone.
Back to top Go down
Luketh
Leaders
Leaders
Luketh

PostSubject: Re: App State Antics!   App State Antics! - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 12:39 pm

Ah man, you're right, I never knew that! Now I want to study evolutionary biology -- that shit sounds so fun! We could open up a poke lab somewhere -- I hear Oak is about to retire, we could take over at Pallet Town.
Back to top Go down
Kai Isakaru
General Poster
General Poster
Kai Isakaru

PostSubject: Re: App State Antics!   App State Antics! - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 6:48 pm

This thread just went the best direction possible.
Back to top Go down
Josh
*Owns Revs with Posts*
*Owns Revs with Posts*
Josh

PostSubject: Re: App State Antics!   App State Antics! - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 7:51 pm

I was thinking more of Storybook 4 or something else of the like, Luke. I don't know what features MSWord has since I haven't used it in 2 years, but I doubt it's as tailored for authors as it. Note, though, Storybook 4 isn't for -writing- your novel.

And Swallow's reasoning is so sound I now have to check and make sure this isn't the actual reason.
Back to top Go down
Masta Le
Mod of Greatness
Mod of Greatness
Masta Le

PostSubject: Re: App State Antics!   App State Antics! - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 8:06 pm

Forget Oak and Pallet Town, we're going to start a new region with a new generation called Pokemon PB and our legendaries can be revenants.
Back to top Go down
Luketh
Leaders
Leaders
Luketh

PostSubject: Re: App State Antics!   App State Antics! - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 9:19 pm

Fuck that shit, our legendaries all look like me.
Back to top Go down
Josh
*Owns Revs with Posts*
*Owns Revs with Posts*
Josh

PostSubject: Re: App State Antics!   App State Antics! - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 3:53 am

(Insert picture of Luke halfway dead in that race that for some reason I found absolutely hilarious)

They should all look like that.
Back to top Go down
Luketh
Leaders
Leaders
Luketh

PostSubject: Re: App State Antics!   App State Antics! - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 12:26 am

Hahah, damn, that's an old-ass picture. The cross country one?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: App State Antics!   App State Antics! - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

App State Antics!
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Pizza Bandits :: Pizza Bandit Pages-
Jump to: