View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Josh
*Owns Revs with Posts*
*Owns Revs with Posts*

PostSubject: God Wars II: Predictions   Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:24 pm

LOTS OF SPOOOILEEERRS!

God Wars II: Predictions
Hello ladies and gentlemen! This thread is to talk about the current quest "The World Wakes" and what I believe comes after it. The World Wakes is a quest on RuneScape that opens up the sixth age (We were currently living in the fifth age.). Guthix has died, and has given you the power to defend against the gods. What happens next? There could be multiple answers.

Guthix makes you his last guardian, Guardian of the World. He lets you choose what happens within the game. The choices are to wake him up, keep him asleep, or kill him. Either way he'll die by someone else. Waking him sides you with Zaros, keeping him asleep sides you with Guthix, and killing him sides you with Zilyana and K'rill Tsuroth. Why is this so important?

Zaros is the god of control. He is also known as the "Empty god". He is known as this because all he wants Gielinor for is control. Basically, he wants to be a modern day empire. He has no motivation other than that, unlike the other gods who want it for chaos or peace.
Guthix is the god of balance, and it is revealed that he wants a godless society. That's why he went to sleep. He was being worshipped, and that wasn't what he wanted. He gives you power for you to decide which is right, a godless or a begodded society.

Wait then, why is there a third option? Well, there are two reasons I could think of on why they added the third option. The first reason is that maybe it is to protect the way we have our world right now. With multiple gods here and there. The more exciting possibility though is that this is the choice you need to make to become a god yourself. That's right, there might be a choice for you to become a god.
I believe that choosing a side won't have an effect on the ending, but what happened in the middle. Considering the possibility you become a god, this means that you'll always have to end up becoming one somehow in the middle of the God Wars.

So, I'm going to come up with the predictions on what might happen. I believe the main antagonist of this series will not be the gods or the Majharrat, but Zaros himself. He already says in one quest that the player will definitely have something to do with his plan. Did I tell you that Zaros was the god of manipulation? If not, well, he is. I'm predicting that he will manipulate you to do something in his favor. Probably.. ohhh, I don't know.. killingallofthegods. It seems likely that he is going to do something like this to you, and you're going to think that Zaros was a friend. Poor you.

You're going to go out and protect the world Guthix found by fighting in the God Wars yourself. With the powers Guthix has given you, you promptly slay Bandos, then Zamorak, and finally Saradomin. You have killed all of the main gods in either Guthix's, Zaros's, or your name. You recruit their generals into your army. Alongside the other guardians of Guthix, you are now holding in your hands an extremely powerful army.

Eventually Zaros will betray you, showing his true side of his sociopathic behavior. You will probably be dumbfounded as Zaros kills all of your companions. It is your time to die.

Somehow you live in the face of Zaros, and you escape. You get confronted by the Guardian of Death, chosen by Guthix, Death himself. Death will tell you it is your time, and that he will now have to kill you himself. You don't want to die, you have made it too far now. You must kill Zaros yourself and put an end to this suffering. A boss battle ensues between you and Death. You win, and now there is no one protecting death anymore. You have just made a fatal mistake. Death was a Guardian to protect, and as he was unbiased he could only kill them when their time came. Alongside this, he could only protect someone until their time came.

You have killed death. No respawning for Mr. character now. What does this mean? Jagex will push you into the boss battle right after. You now must win this. If you don't you will die forever and Zaros will become ruler of all of Gielinor. If you defeat him, you are now God. You control death, well you basically control everything. You will probably give up your powers in Guthix's name for a godless society.

What if Zaros wins? How will the game continue? Here's the thing:

I don't think the game will continue. I believe 2013 is Jagex's last year. They've noticed the fall of RuneScape, and planned to end it on an epic scale.

What happens if it continues? They don't want you to quit. How will they make sure you still live? Simple, Zaros respects you now. He is death and life, he is everything in Gielinor. He will grant you eternal life (respawning) since he knows you hold no threat now. He has taken your powers to make sure. You can now continue playing as a normal player either way you go.

This is a very loose prediction on what will happen, but I'm hoping it goes something like this. It'd make sense, and it'd be pretty darn epic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luketh
Leaders
Leaders

PostSubject: Re: God Wars II: Predictions   Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:11 pm

L0L that sounds pretty sweet. If you end up being right people will come from miles around to see this post. If not, well, it probably won't happen. I gotta admit that this would be interesting, though.

I'm not quite sure if you can FIGHT death itself, though. That seems like a tad bit TOO stretchy -- even for jagex.

It'd be interesting, though, what would happen to the game community if you were suddenly in hardcore mode; death means you can never again respawn.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pizzabandits.forumotion.com
Josh
*Owns Revs with Posts*
*Owns Revs with Posts*

PostSubject: Re: God Wars II: Predictions   Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:54 pm

Death is an NPC, and he is killable more than likely as all living beings tend to be.

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Guardian_of_Guthix

He is a Guardian of Guthix, interestingly enough.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zach
*Owns Revs with Posts*
*Owns Revs with Posts*

PostSubject: Re: God Wars II: Predictions   Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:09 am

I don't see them ending the game especially after working for god knows how long on EOC despite the lack of players. But that is an interesting storyline, the only huge flaw I see is if Death is a guardian of Guthix and Guthix chose the player to restore balance to the world, why would Death want to kill you then?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Josh
*Owns Revs with Posts*
*Owns Revs with Posts*

PostSubject: Re: God Wars II: Predictions   Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:03 pm

Because it is your time to die, but you somehow dodged death. Thus Death can't be biased and must take your life when your time has come.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raurgbrom
General Poster
General Poster

PostSubject: Re: God Wars II: Predictions   Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:16 pm

I do feel like the fight to the death thing is a bit far fetched for Jagex, but who knows. Interesting ideas Josh.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zach
*Owns Revs with Posts*
*Owns Revs with Posts*

PostSubject: Re: God Wars II: Predictions   Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:42 pm

But Saradomin isn't dead and Saradomin counters death, that's why you respawn, saradomin brings you back to life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: God Wars II: Predictions   

Back to top Go down

God Wars II: Predictions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1