The Pizza Bandits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here Be Pizza Bandits...

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Luke's Level Log and other st00f

Go down 
+9
Zach
R33d2
Stevenkade
Masta Le
Kai Isakaru
Josh
Ryder620
Swallow777
Luketh
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Luketh
Leaders
Leaders
Luketh

Luke's Level Log and other st00f - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke's Level Log and other st00f   Luke's Level Log and other st00f - Page 10 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 8:58 pm

First off, I do agree that the States need to change more than just their impact on the planet.  If we don't change our impact on the planet, however, there may not be a USofA to change in a hundred years' time.

Let me convince you with SCIENCE, dear Raurg.

Luke's Level Log and other st00f - Page 10 350px-Mauna_Loa_Carbon_Dioxide_Apr2013.svg
This is a graph of CO2's (that's carbon dioxide; a greenhouse gas that is primarily emitted through the burning of fossil fuels) presence in the atmosphere.  It is measured in Particles Per Million (PPM).  Notice how we've hit the 350 PPM mark and are rapidly accelerating upwards.

Some climatologists (yeah, that's a real job) believe that 400 PPM is the point of no return, so to speak.  These dudes claim that past 400 PPM atmospheric CO2 we will see some serious climate change -- by serious I mean increased global temperatures of only a few degrees Celsius.  These few degrees, however, would be enough to warm the oceans significantly, melting the polar icecaps, and thus raising ocean levels by a lot.

Do you know what that means?

NO MORE DISNEYLAND!  D:

Seriously, though, heightened ocean levels are just the beginning of it; there are TONS of other changes that could occur past that.  Massive climate changes are not only a very real possibility; if we don't change things soon it will be a very real PROBLEM.

Now check out THIS graph:
Luke's Level Log and other st00f - Page 10 945941_512584475469268_1639148811_n
Do you see that big fucking spike at the end of the graph?  We did that.  LAWD knows what's gonna happen with a spike in CO2 like that.

Another graph:
Luke's Level Log and other st00f - Page 10 AtmCO2_image002
Here you can see how global temperature and CO2 content go hand-in-hand with one another.

There was a graph in my AP Environmental Science textbook last year that showed how the last time atmospheric CO2 exceeded 400 PPM was the most recent mass-extinction on the planet. Unfortunately I could not find that graph, but just think about it. This shit is real, man. We're heading down a long, painful, and rather embarrassing road to extinction; we don't have long to turn around, either. :S

By the way, I got a fucking four on my APES exam.. what the fuck!?
Back to top Go down
https://pizzabandits.forumotion.com
Raurgbrom
General Poster
General Poster
Raurgbrom

PostSubject: Re: Luke's Level Log and other st00f   Luke's Level Log and other st00f - Page 10 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 10:13 pm

http://www.epw.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=Minority.Blogs&ContentRecord_id=f80a6386-802a-23ad-40c8-3c63dc2d02cb

I unfortunately don't have the time at the moment to post an actual argument, but this article explains my view probably clearer than I could.
I got a four on the one AP test I took this past year. A four is good Luke, unless you meant you were pleasantly surprised.
Back to top Go down
Luketh
Leaders
Leaders
Luketh

PostSubject: Re: Luke's Level Log and other st00f   Luke's Level Log and other st00f - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 1:50 am

I'm all 'bout that 5 life.  I pulled a 5 on APUSH and AP Lang; bitch-graders for APES gave me a 4. Sad

Haha, I read this article.. and it's cute and all, but come on, man.  This is some bad reporting on a infrequently criticized scientific belief.  Take note that the article doesn't say anything about man-made climate change not being believed by 'some 400 scientists'; rather, the article states that these scientists, "criticized the climate claims made by the UN IPCC and former Vice President Al Gore."

That's two people's statements on climate change claims.  That's this article's thesis.  They're reporting on a group of people disagreeing with political figures; the TITLE, however, misleads you into thinking that the article is about a group of people disagreeing with man-made climate change.  Bad reporting.

Haha, this part made me laugh:  "Many of the scientists featured in this report consistently stated that numerous colleagues shared their views, but they will not speak out publicly for fear of retribution."

Like... this is the scientific community they're talking about... there are a lot of differing opinions on untested topics within the scientific community; that's kind of how science works.  And then these scientists in "this report" are saying, "oh yeah, I have friends who agree with me; they're just too scared to say it publicly."  That really only makes these 400 scientists sound stupid for talking about a topic that they know makes them sound like fools for disagreeing with.

Put it this way -- if you're gonna agree solely with the beliefs of the scientific community, you should probably agree with the beliefs of the majority since there are a few crazy people in every profession.  If I had a graph that showed "scientists that believe in man-made climate change" vs  "scientists that do not believe in man-made climate change" I'd show it to you right now.  I can tell you, however, that most of these dudes think that humankind has something -- not necessarily everything -- to do with our changing climate conditions.

If anybody would be interested in a topic called "Luke Changes your Mind," I would have fun trying to change people's mind on just about anything, by the way. Smile
Back to top Go down
Kai Isakaru
General Poster
General Poster
Kai Isakaru

PostSubject: Re: Luke's Level Log and other st00f   Luke's Level Log and other st00f - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 6:07 pm

Luke, I love how into this you are! I love that last part--Our society is definitely doing SOMETHING to the environment. I do not believe that we are singlehandedly killing it, but I do believe that we are at the very least speeding up the natural temperature cycles that take place over 100,000 years or so. Only time will tell what exactly is going on.
Back to top Go down
Raurgbrom
General Poster
General Poster
Raurgbrom

PostSubject: Re: Luke's Level Log and other st00f   Luke's Level Log and other st00f - Page 10 EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 6:44 pm

^

Oh and nice job on APUSH and AP Lang, I'll be taking those this May. Any tips?
Back to top Go down
Luketh
Leaders
Leaders
Luketh

PostSubject: Re: Luke's Level Log and other st00f   Luke's Level Log and other st00f - Page 10 EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 8:11 pm

Haha, my APES teacher did an awesome job of brainwashing me last year, I suppose. Razz It's a big deal and it won't go anywhere until we decide to make some changes; the only way to make these changes is to ensure that everybody knows what's up.

My biggest tip for any AP test is to pace yourself. I know a lot of people that still had 10 or more questions left once time was called.. I imagine that it's hard to score a 5 with blank entries on the multiple choice segment.

Make sure you're prepared for your essays as well. I'm naturally good at writing so I had a pretty good idea that AP Lang was gonna be an easy 5 going into the thing. Don't be afraid of writing a short essay while taking plenty of time on your synthesis essay. My third essay wasn't more than a page long and I still pulled a 5.

For APUSH just remember to use all of the outside information that you can possibly think of. Also underline your thesis -- fuck what your teacher says about not doing so.
Back to top Go down
Raurgbrom
General Poster
General Poster
Raurgbrom

PostSubject: Re: Luke's Level Log and other st00f   Luke's Level Log and other st00f - Page 10 EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 8:56 pm

Okay, thanks. I thought the AP Euro test wasn't too bad. I finished the multiple choice and checked them with about ten minutes left and had about a half hour left after the essays so I figure that should work out well enough this year, for APUSH at least.
Back to top Go down
Luketh
Leaders
Leaders
Luketh

PostSubject: Re: Luke's Level Log and other st00f   Luke's Level Log and other st00f - Page 10 EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 11:22 pm

Well shit. In your situation I'd advise taking a bit more time, perhaps? I finished early on my APUSH essays.. but only by like 10 minutes or so. No need to rush, ya speed-demon.
Back to top Go down
Josh
*Owns Revs with Posts*
*Owns Revs with Posts*
Josh

PostSubject: Re: Luke's Level Log and other st00f   Luke's Level Log and other st00f - Page 10 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 12:47 am

What the hell did I miss in my absence?!
Back to top Go down
Josh
*Owns Revs with Posts*
*Owns Revs with Posts*
Josh

PostSubject: Re: Luke's Level Log and other st00f   Luke's Level Log and other st00f - Page 10 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 12:57 am

Read over most of the crap you guys are spouting.

You guys hear of that Hyperloop crap? Now if we could get that crap going that would help our pollution problems quite a bit.

A 1K MPH train using solar power. Hell yeah.
Back to top Go down
Raurgbrom
General Poster
General Poster
Raurgbrom

PostSubject: Re: Luke's Level Log and other st00f   Luke's Level Log and other st00f - Page 10 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 5:59 pm

The person monitoring us gave the wrong time initially for the essays so we all went fairly quickly through them.

I saw something about that Josh. It sounds like a great idea but I doubt it would be implemented, if it ever is, for a long time.
Back to top Go down
Kai Isakaru
General Poster
General Poster
Kai Isakaru

PostSubject: Re: Luke's Level Log and other st00f   Luke's Level Log and other st00f - Page 10 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 7:45 pm

Especially in the US. our public infrastructure (trains) is pathetic compared to several other major nations.
Back to top Go down
Luketh
Leaders
Leaders
Luketh

PostSubject: Re: Luke's Level Log and other st00f   Luke's Level Log and other st00f - Page 10 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 7:53 pm

^ PREEEEACH. Sandy actually highlighted our outdated infrastructure.. one storm knocked out power for like 8 million people. There's a group of civil engineers who say that lots of bridges will start collapsing within the next decade or so; they're trying to start a movement for a (much-needed) total infrastructure renovation.

Man, I'm really starting to get the feeling that the US is gonna fall the fuck apart pretty soon..
Back to top Go down
Raurgbrom
General Poster
General Poster
Raurgbrom

PostSubject: Re: Luke's Level Log and other st00f   Luke's Level Log and other st00f - Page 10 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 8:50 pm

It's been on that road for some years now, Reagan was our last decent president in my opinion. Also, part of the problem is that a lot of people in the younger generations either expect things to be given them or are unable to get anywhere due rising student loans and a smaller job market.
Back to top Go down
Josh
*Owns Revs with Posts*
*Owns Revs with Posts*
Josh

PostSubject: Re: Luke's Level Log and other st00f   Luke's Level Log and other st00f - Page 10 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 9:57 pm

The U.S. is literally gonna fall apart, guys. Holy crap.

Duuude, do you know how rich I would be if we cut 20% of our military budget and gave it to me? Interestingly enough, we'd still have the highest military budget in the world even with that.

So, does anyone want to go to France with me by any chance?
Back to top Go down
Raurgbrom
General Poster
General Poster
Raurgbrom

PostSubject: Re: Luke's Level Log and other st00f   Luke's Level Log and other st00f - Page 10 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 5:47 pm

I'd at least visit France. I'd also like to travel through Europe and try to see as much of it as I can. There's just so much history and other stuff there.
Back to top Go down
Luketh
Leaders
Leaders
Luketh

PostSubject: Re: Luke's Level Log and other st00f   Luke's Level Log and other st00f - Page 10 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 7:15 pm

Pizza Bandits' European Invasion 2015?
Back to top Go down
Josh
*Owns Revs with Posts*
*Owns Revs with Posts*
Josh

PostSubject: Re: Luke's Level Log and other st00f   Luke's Level Log and other st00f - Page 10 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 9:51 pm

Better do it fast before Islam invades the continent.
Back to top Go down
Raurgbrom
General Poster
General Poster
Raurgbrom

PostSubject: Re: Luke's Level Log and other st00f   Luke's Level Log and other st00f - Page 10 EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 9:35 pm

Let's go for it.
Back to top Go down
Zach
*Owns Revs with Posts*
*Owns Revs with Posts*
Zach

PostSubject: Re: Luke's Level Log and other st00f   Luke's Level Log and other st00f - Page 10 EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 11:28 am

Imagine a bunch of people who met on an mmo starting over together in a new continent.
Back to top Go down
Kai Isakaru
General Poster
General Poster
Kai Isakaru

PostSubject: Re: Luke's Level Log and other st00f   Luke's Level Log and other st00f - Page 10 EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 12:31 pm

I'm pretty sure we'd get murdered
Back to top Go down
Raurgbrom
General Poster
General Poster
Raurgbrom

PostSubject: Re: Luke's Level Log and other st00f   Luke's Level Log and other st00f - Page 10 EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 5:29 pm

It sounds like a reality tv show when you put it like that Zach.
Back to top Go down
Josh
*Owns Revs with Posts*
*Owns Revs with Posts*
Josh

PostSubject: Re: Luke's Level Log and other st00f   Luke's Level Log and other st00f - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 1:53 am

Let's go to France, then even Masta could drink to his heart's desire.
Back to top Go down
Raurgbrom
General Poster
General Poster
Raurgbrom

PostSubject: Re: Luke's Level Log and other st00f   Luke's Level Log and other st00f - Page 10 EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 6:48 pm

I have one concern, to my knowledge I'm the only one who has studied French.
Back to top Go down
Zach
*Owns Revs with Posts*
*Owns Revs with Posts*
Zach

PostSubject: Re: Luke's Level Log and other st00f   Luke's Level Log and other st00f - Page 10 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 8:54 am

To the UK! I'll bash ur 'ead m8 in I swear on me mum.
Back to top Go down
Josh
*Owns Revs with Posts*
*Owns Revs with Posts*
Josh

PostSubject: Re: Luke's Level Log and other st00f   Luke's Level Log and other st00f - Page 10 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 11:06 pm

But Masta and I can't drink in the UK. :'(
Back to top Go down
Raurgbrom
General Poster
General Poster
Raurgbrom

PostSubject: Re: Luke's Level Log and other st00f   Luke's Level Log and other st00f - Page 10 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 6:23 pm

Drinking age is 18 in the UK. You can drink in private at 16 I think.
Back to top Go down
Luketh
Leaders
Leaders
Luketh

PostSubject: Re: Luke's Level Log and other st00f   Luke's Level Log and other st00f - Page 10 EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 10:41 pm

Right, so for whatever reason -- thanks to some prodding from Masta -- I decided to buy a month of mems before the price goes up to $10 a fucking month. Unfortunately, I'm ass broke, and I need some cash. If any of you have money on your unused osrs accounts, I'll gladly take that shit off your hands. I presently have about 7k with which to restart my adventure. I look forward to seeing you guys online.
Back to top Go down
Masta Le
Mod of Greatness
Mod of Greatness
Masta Le

PostSubject: Re: Luke's Level Log and other st00f   Luke's Level Log and other st00f - Page 10 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 12:25 am

Yay
Back to top Go down
Josh
*Owns Revs with Posts*
*Owns Revs with Posts*
Josh

PostSubject: Re: Luke's Level Log and other st00f   Luke's Level Log and other st00f - Page 10 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 12:54 am

Yo, Luke! I'll get online ASAP, but unfortunately I have very little free money to hand out. Just spent 20m+ on skills, so I'm dead broke as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Luke's Level Log and other st00f   Luke's Level Log and other st00f - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Luke's Level Log and other st00f
Page 10 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next