The Pizza Bandits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here Be Pizza Bandits...

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So You Want to Barrow?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Josh
*Owns Revs with Posts*
*Owns Revs with Posts*
Josh

So You Want to Barrow? Empty
PostSubject: So You Want to Barrow?   So You Want to Barrow? EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 1:59 am

Hello everyone! Barrowing expert Josh here, and I will teach you maggots how to not die in this battlefield.

Do you think you are ready for this? Well, if your levels in combat reach this high, you should be set.

The minimum Requirements:

• 60 Combat in all melee stats
  • 60 Magic
  • 61 Ranged
  • 43 Prayer

Of course these stats will get you almost nowhere! But at least you would survive. Now if you maggots want to gain some money doing this, it starts at when you get all those skills at 70. Here are the stats where you can do Barrows runs in hardly minutes!

The Recommended Stats
  • 75+ Attack will do
  • 75 Strength will do, you only melee one brother
  • 70+ Mage, you will be maging many brothers, make this your top priority
  • 70+ Ranged, you will range only one brother.
  • 55+ Prayer, the higher the level your prayer is, the better the profit!

What To Bring

Now that you know you are ready, I will show you uneducated young ones what to bring!

Here is an example of some equipment and an inventory set for Barrows.

So You Want to Barrow? Barrow10

1. Bring a spec weapon for Karil!
  2. Either bring a Slayer's staff, or bring a salamander.
  3. Bring lots of prayer potions, if this is your first trip, bring extra!
  4. Bring some super potions if you would like, if not, replace it with food or prayer potions.
  5. Bring Food! Monkfish will do, but sharks are better, obviously.
  6. Make sure to bring runes if you are using the Slayer's Staff. Bring the required tar for your color of Salamander if you are using one of those.
  7. Bring Broad bolts if you have a rune crossbow, if you are using a salamander, replace it with your tar.
  8. ALWAYS Bring a Ring of Wealth, you can bring a ring of life along also if you would like.

And for you higher levels out there this is a really good setup
So You Want to Barrow? Equipm10
So You Want to Barrow? Invy10
The key is to use the spec restores after you kill a brother to recharge to 100%, when you fight a brother use the korasi spec, then drink a sip of spec restore then use it again, you can usually dispatch of the melee bros pretty easily this way since the spec is 100% and mage based, also the claws are excellent for ahrims and karil

Helmets:
Helmet of Neitiznot > Berserker helm > Fighter hat > Barrows helmets > Dragon med helm > Rune full helm

Amulets:
Amulet of Fury > Amulet of Glory

Bodies:
Bandos chestplate > Verac's Brassard > Proselyte hauberk > Fighter torso > Other Barrows Chestpieces > Dragon Platebody/Chainbody.>Black D'hide Body

Legs:
Bandos tassets > Verac's Plateskirt> Proselyte cuisse > Other Barrows Leg Equipment> Dragon Platelegs > Rune platelegs

Boots:
Dragon boots, Bandos boots

Capes:

Completionist cape > Soul Wars cape > Ardougne cloak 4/3 > Fire cape > Skill cape > Obsidian cape > Legends cape

Weapons:
Chaotic rapier > Chaotic longsword > Chaotic maul > Abyssal whip > Godsword (Saradomin > Armadyl > Bandos > Zamorak) >Dragon Weapons> Barrows weapons

Shields:
Dragon defender > Rune Defender > Dragonfire shield, Toktz-ket-xil > Spirit shield > Dragon Square Shield

Gloves:
Barrows gloves > Dragon gloves > Rune gloves> Combat Bracelet

Rings:
Ring of wealth > Berserker ring > Ring of life > Explorer's ring

Don't Get Steve'd
So You Want to Barrow? Shovel
ALWAYS Remember your spade, no matter what happens, that should be your first priority before a Barrows trip to make sure you brought a spade!

Alright, Soldier! Now you are geared up and ready to go fight the Barrows brothers! How do you get there, you ask? Well, there are multiple ways of getting to your designated location, but I will highlight the best ways.

You can either go by Fairy Rings, or the traditional route.

So You Want to Barrow? Barrow11

Then you take this route to take a ride on the Swamp Boaty

So You Want to Barrow? 387px-Alt_Barrows_Route

Rest on the bridge, once fully rested travel East and get ready for battle!

Who to fight, and how to fight them

Here is a map of the mounds and the order you fight them in:

So You Want to Barrow? Barrow12

1. Dharok is the first brother you fight, you need to pray against melee for him at ALL TIMES, he can one hit you, and then you will be left standing there not knowing what just happened. You will need to mage him, use Slayer Dart or the magic attack on your salamander.
  2. Ahrim is the second brother. He uses magic attacks, so make sure you pray against magic. You will need to Range Ahrim, you can use your salamander or a rune crossbow.
  3. Karil is the third brother, pray ranged against him. Take out your spec weapon and use all your Special Attack bar before switching to your main weapon.
  4. Guthan is the fourth brother. You will no longer need to pray on the following brothers. Guthan has a special attack which heal himself when he hits you, so if you want to pray melee during the beginning of the fight, go ahead. You will want to mage him.
  5. Torag is the fifth brother, mage him. He has nothing but a high defence.
  6. The final brother is Verac, you can not pray against him, he will hit through it. This is where your food comes in.

So You Want to Barrow? Barrows_Maze

After all of them are dead, you will notice that one of the mounds said there was a tunnel inside, do not go in there until the other brothers are dead. Then find the mound, and go inside the tunnels. You will want to get around 10 KC in the tunnel. After that, you will need to find the chest. If you see the chest on the other side of the room, that's good. Noe you make your way around the center room until you find the openable door. Once that door is found, open it. there is a puzzle needed to be completed to proceed.

Here are the puzzles and their answers:

So You Want to Barrow? The_Barrows_picture

So You Want to Barrow? Barrow_door_puzzle_2

So You Want to Barrow? Barrow_door_puzzle_1

So You Want to Barrow? Barrow_door_puzzle_3

Now that you are in, fight the last brother, equip your Ring of Wealth, and loot your rewards!

Good luck, friends!

Last edited by Josh on Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Luketh
Leaders
Leaders
Luketh

PostSubject: Re: So You Want to Barrow?   So You Want to Barrow? EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 7:40 am

Awesome job on the guide, Josh! My only complaint is that it could've had better transitions.. double space new sections or someting to give the eye a break, it would look better... I think.

Overall this was really good, though. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://pizzabandits.forumotion.com
Masta Le
Mod of Greatness
Mod of Greatness
Masta Le

PostSubject: Re: So You Want to Barrow?   So You Want to Barrow? EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 10:03 am

Good guide, I think the only thing you're missing is the path that's possible to take if you finished the In Search of Myrque quest I think. Also, you might want to mention that quick-pray button should be set to melee. And if you get Dharok boss be sure to keep a close eye whenever you open a door when you're in the crypts because he could show up anytime.
Back to top Go down
Raurgbrom
General Poster
General Poster
Raurgbrom

PostSubject: Re: So You Want to Barrow?   So You Want to Barrow? EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 10:04 am

Good guide Josh.
Back to top Go down
Josh
*Owns Revs with Posts*
*Owns Revs with Posts*
Josh

PostSubject: Re: So You Want to Barrow?   So You Want to Barrow? EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 2:15 pm

Sorry guys, the reason I didn't work harder is that I was up at 3:00 doing this guide, I'll clean it up later.
Back to top Go down
Zach
*Owns Revs with Posts*
*Owns Revs with Posts*
Zach

PostSubject: Re: So You Want to Barrow?   So You Want to Barrow? EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 2:22 pm

I think 39 magic would do as min min min, and no range tbh I've never used it in barrows, I always melee ahrim but nice, if you dont mind can I put my setup for maybe higher levels? probably not needed as they would mostly likely be able to do it without a guide but if you want I will.
Back to top Go down
Josh
*Owns Revs with Posts*
*Owns Revs with Posts*
Josh

PostSubject: Re: So You Want to Barrow?   So You Want to Barrow? EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 2:26 pm

Do you mean like, equipment and stuff? Sure, go for it.

And yes, Masta. I'll be putting up that route soon.
Back to top Go down
Zach
*Owns Revs with Posts*
*Owns Revs with Posts*
Zach

PostSubject: Re: So You Want to Barrow?   So You Want to Barrow? EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 3:01 pm

And for you higher levels out there this is a really good setup
So You Want to Barrow? Equipm10
So You Want to Barrow? Invy10
The key is to use the spec restores after you kill a brother to recharge to 100%, when you fight a brother use the korasi spec, then drink a sip of spec restore then use it again, you can usually dispatch of the melee bros pretty easily this way since the spec is 100% and mage based, also the claws are excellent for ahrims and karil
Back to top Go down
Josh
*Owns Revs with Posts*
*Owns Revs with Posts*
Josh

PostSubject: Re: So You Want to Barrow?   So You Want to Barrow? EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 3:56 pm

Added to the guide.
Back to top Go down
Zach
*Owns Revs with Posts*
*Owns Revs with Posts*
Zach

PostSubject: Re: So You Want to Barrow?   So You Want to Barrow? EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 5:06 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So You Want to Barrow?   So You Want to Barrow? Empty

Back to top Go down

So You Want to Barrow?
Page 1 of 1