Chaos Elemental Hunting Guide

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Luketh
Leaders
Leaders

PostSubject: Chaos Elemental Hunting Guide   Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:11 pm

The Chaos Elemental: Who is she?
The Chaos Elemental, henceforth refered to as "Ele" is arguably one of the strangest creatures in Runescape, why? Because:
She's Big!
She's Purple!
And She's level 305!
Apart from that, she's your ordinary monster. Smile All together, Mrs. Ele looks something like this:

She uses magical attacks, and they WILL occasionally hit through prayer, so food is advised. Apart from her magic attacks that do damage, she has 2 other attacks. One of them will teleport you several squares away, and the other will unequip some of your equipment. Both of these attacks are very annoying, but can be handled very easily. Some players consider her to be a menace, but with the right methods her drops can be very rewarding.
The Chaos Elemental: Who should hunt her?
Ele isn't considered a hard boss to kill by any means. As long as you're an average mid-level character or higher there shouldn't be any problems killing her with a friend or two. There are still, however a few basic level/money suggestions I have for you:

• 37 prayer (for protect from mage)
  • AT LEAST 40 Ranged (for dragonhide, although 60 or 70 for red or black works best)
  • Around 100k cash (for starting supplies)
  • Decent melee stats (60-70 in all melee skills)

The Chaos Elemental: What should I bring?
If you bring the right equipment, Ele can be an "EZPK" as the young-guns might say. Your equipment and inventory should look something like this:

Alternatives for equipment:
HELM: Karil's Coif > Neizinot Helm > Initiate Helm (prayer bonus)
NECKLACE: Fury > Glory > Holy > Strength
CAPE: Blue/Red Cape (Nomad's Req.) > Obby Cape > Skillcape (skillcape is worth more than obby)
WEAPON: Godsword > Whip > Dragon Scimmy > Shortbow/Crossbow
SHIELD: Rune Defender > Obby Shield > Prayer Books (Holy, Unholy, Balanced)
BODY: Karil's Body > Dragonhide (black, red) > Dragonhide (Blue, Green)
LEGS: Karil's Skirt > Dragonhide (black, red) > Dragon Legs
BOOTS: Dragon Boots > Rock Climbing Boots > Leather Boots
HANDS: Barrows gloves (RfD) > Regen Bracelet > Dragon Gauntlets
RING: RoW > Explorer's Ring 3
Food/healing:
I suggest bringing curry for healing. Its relatively cheap, and most importantly it DOESN'T go away after you eat it. Instead of the inventory space being blank like after eating a shark, a bowl is in the inventory slot. This means if you have a full inventory the whole time you're fighting Ele, she will be unable to disarm you, rendering one of her spells useless.
You can also use Sara Brews, although this method would cost lots of money and you'd be able to stay at Ele for what might be daaays on end with your team with them. Curry should work fine. Sharks, monks, and Bunyips will work too, but will leave you with empty inventory slots causing Ele to be able to unequip your items.
Potions:
One of the biggest downsides to hunting Ele is revenants. These pesky creatures can attack you while you're fighting Ele, so be warned. They can also poison you, so bring along an anti-poison.
Prayer potions are a must for Ele hunting. It isn't very smart to fight her with your prayer off, so always keep it up whilist fighting her. She CAN hit through prayer, but she hits much less often with prayer on. For me, at level 50 Prayer, it takes 1 Prayer Potion (4) to get through all my food at Ele. This is duoing with a similar level friend. Take as many prayer pots as you think you'll need, and maybe a few extra doses the first few times.
I suggest bringing an energy potion in case you run into any revs and need to get out of the area quickly. Alternatively you can use Terrorbird summons.
The Chaos Elemental: Where is she?
Ele is located deep in the wilderness, in the multi-combat area near Rogue's Castle. The fastest way to get to this area of The Wilderness is via the lever in Ardougne. Once you've pulled the lever, use the following map which shows her roaming area as well as how to get there.

1. You need a weapon that can slash through a spider's web at this point
  2. Turn your run ON and sprint past the Hellhounds and Wolves, all the way up to Ele herself.
  3. After killing Ele, if you or your team decides they can kill her again without banking, hideout in the small room to the East of her in Rogue's Castle. You can see when she respawns from this spot, usually around 4:30 from when she died.

To get back to the safety of Ardougne, simply go back to the lever on the deserted keep and pull it. There is an altar not far from East Ardougne's South bank.
[SIZE="4"]The Chaos Elemental: How do I kill her?[/SIZE]
Now that you're all prepared, its time for the fun stuff; Killing Ele. Killing her is pretty straightforward, attack her with melee, keep your protect from mage on and enjoy the spoils.

If you're with a team, spread out so that Ele is rotating more than she's hitting someone. If you keep spread out as much as possible while you're fighting her, she'll turn instead of hitting you and your team as she would if you're all piled. The result should look like this:

In case of Revs:
Remember to keep your head on a swivel when you're fighting her, because Revs can come at any time. When you start taking serious, stacking damage that probably means a rev's also after you and you should high-tail it to the [relatively] safespot I have marked on the map, close all the doors, and hope the Rev got stuck behind the castle wall trying to chase you like in this picture.

IF the rev(s) that are after you made it around the wall and into the safespot, run around the back of the castle to the enterance at the side. If you open up all 600 or so doors in the castle and go up the spiral staircase you'll be 100% safe to wait for the revs to leave. Revs won't respawn up there, nor will they follow you upstairs, so it is perfectly safe.
The Chaos Elemental: Why should I kill her?
Apart from the fun times, memories, and adrenaline rush you get hunting her, Ele also has some pretty great drops, including, but not limited to:

• Dragon 2H Sword
  • Rune Arrows, Kites and other various Rune items
  • Level 3 clues
  • Dragon Medium Helmet
  • Dragon Spear
  • and more!

So grab your whip, godsword, and dragonhide! Its time to kill!
Conclusion/Credits
Well, I hope you took the time to read the whole thing, potential Chaos Elemental hunters. Ele is a truly fun boss to kill and I hope you learned just how you should go about doing it. The best way to get good at killing a high-leveled monster is by doing it not once, not twice, but tens and hundreds of times. Its also a great way to get rich. Hope I helped, now get out there and have some fun!
Credits:
All Credit goes to Jby (Josh) for the awesome pictures of Ele and me n' Steve fighting her on this guide, he was cooperative and pleasent as always, thanks dude!
Steve (Stevenkade) for unknowingly letting me hack his account to take a picture of him with black dragonhide, since I'm too noob to wear it. Surprised
Runescape Wiki for drop tables, which I used in the "Why" section.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pizzabandits.forumotion.com
Masta Le
Mod of Greatness
Mod of Greatness

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Elemental Hunting Guide   Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:39 am

Some more alternatives:

Helm: Dragon med
Cape: Fire cape
^ I have a question about that. You said that skillcapes were worth more than obby capes? I think I heard that skillcapes are the same bonuses as obby capes and when they are trimmed, they have better bonus. Also, aren't skillcapes, actually called Capes of Accomplishment, worth 99k or something? I don't think I remember how much obby capes are but I thought they were worth more than 100k.
Weapon: SS
Ring: Ring of life

Great guide.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luketh
Leaders
Leaders

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Elemental Hunting Guide   Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:47 pm

Thanks, Masta. Forgot about some of those alternates.

An untrimmed "cape of accomplishment" is worth 99k while an Obby cape is 90k, so to minimize potential loss, use an obby cape. If its trimmed it DOES have better stats, but that's a minor detail. Smile
Back to top Go down
R33d2
maggot!
maggot!

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Elemental Hunting Guide   Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:59 pm

Dude nice!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
R33d2
maggot!
maggot!

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Elemental Hunting Guide   Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:07 am

Im not going to lie that is one awsome guide luke =)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stevenkade
General Poster
General Poster

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Elemental Hunting Guide   Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:58 am

Props to my account for being the example of gear ;]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stevenkade
General Poster
General Poster

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Elemental Hunting Guide   Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:58 am

oh and to add, still surprised how good of a guide this is luke. Props :]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luketh
Leaders
Leaders

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Elemental Hunting Guide   Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:10 pm

Told you I can make guides..
Back to top Go down
Caleb
General Poster
General Poster

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Elemental Hunting Guide   Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:25 am

those safe spots are NOT safe revs come into there i would recommend going upstairs at the bandit place CUZ IT'S REV FREE... plus if you wanna be extra safe Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luketh
Leaders
Leaders

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Elemental Hunting Guide   Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:36 am

Yes, BUT they usually get stuck on the wall if you're fighting the Ele when they attack, which is what I said in the guide, dummy. Smile
Back to top Go down
Caleb
General Poster
General Poster

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Elemental Hunting Guide   Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:58 am

all the revs (about 5) all came into the "safe room" it isnt that safe for me Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Caleb
General Poster
General Poster

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Elemental Hunting Guide   Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:00 am

oh yeah... thanks for putting my name in there buddy Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Masta Le
Mod of Greatness
Mod of Greatness

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Elemental Hunting Guide   Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:46 am

The upstairs of that one building is NOT safe for revs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Swallow777
Leaders
Leaders

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Elemental Hunting Guide   Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:47 am

The only wall revs can't get through is the large one surrounding the camp.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Elemental Hunting Guide   

Back to top Go down

Chaos Elemental Hunting Guide
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1